Helicopter Safety Training
The Maritime College of Forest Technology (MCFT), through a partnership with Canadian Helicopters, can prepare, produce, and provide a custom heli training course for your organization.
Competency-Based Hands-on Training
MCFT follows it long tradition of providing hands-on training where each trainee demonstrates knowledge of subject matter taught by a qualified instructor. Upon successful completion the trainee will be awarded a certificate of accomplishment.
A class size may not to exceed twelve (12) trainees per pilot and ground-crew instructor. This is to maintain a safe training environment and maximize the efficiency of the learning environment.
The course is based on a one day training session provided at a location within reach of the Fredericton airport so as to maximize the daylight training hours. The actual training session usually begins between 0830 and 0900 and should be completed between 1600 and 1700 and allow for a lunch break (may not be a full hour).
A typical training day
- General orientation to helicopters and in particular, the helicopter being utilized that day.
- Full pilot/passenger briefing of the helicopter including all safety features and points, hazard areas, working and moving parts of the helicopter, dos and don’ts, rules to follow and pilot/passenger communications.
- Static boarding and deplaning process and practice for each trainee.
- Discussions of needs, parameters, etc of both helispots and helipads in case of quick short notice requirements.
- Hover exit / entry briefing.
- Static hover exit / entry process and practice for each trainee.
- Actual flying time – boarding, safety, onboard communication, hover exit (each trainee).
- Debriefing of practical hover exit / entry exercises.
- Static discussions, demonstrations and loading cargo internally.
- Static discussions, demonstrations, preparation and building of external cargo loads for nets, slings and straps for both short line and long ling slinging.
- Helicopter marshalling and communication signals for short line slinging. Discussions, demonstrations and static practice.
- Actual flying time – marshalling for load hook up, load placement, load release with short line.
- Debriefing of practical short line exercises.
- Helicopter marshalling and communication signals for long line slinging. Discussions, demonstrations and static practice.
- Actual flying time – marshalling for load hook up, load placement, load release with long line.
- Debriefing of practical long line exercises.
- Discussions and practical demonstration of Bambi Bucket use (time permitting and customer desire).
- Debriefing, discussions, questions of the training cycle of the day.
As a leader within your organization, you are ultimately responsible for the safety of anyone working under your supervision. With this training, MCFT can certify that your subordinates have been properly trained and demonstrated their training to us by doing the tasks properly.
Get a price quote today
If you would like to receive a proposal on this service please contact us today.
Email us at email@example.com or call (506) 458-0649.